On the 3rd day of Radiation...Can we turn some heat up please??

January 15, 2009

Another good day today but it is soooooo cold! What is with this confused Texas weather??

Thanks to this blog, I heard from a very dear friend today...that is my silver lining. We had not talked in a long time so it was really good to talk about old times and laugh about crazy things I used to do. Apparently, she and I are much alike on our ideas about laundry...I love it. No, I hate laundry, but I love it that we think alike!

Nothing much new to report on the radiation therapy. The technicians were able to line up my marks a lot quicker today so I was in & out in about 15 minutes. I am still waiting to see the so called "side effects". I do notice that I am dragging a little more than normal but I doubt very seriously that is due to being zapped daily! More than likely it is the discomfort from the shoulder pain since I can't have my
Remicade infusions anymore. Confused? No clue what I am talking about? Click on that link up there and read the "safety warning" posted on the Remicade website. What really blows is that I actually liked the stuff. It took away the pain for about 4 weeks. Isn't is amazing that a medication given to help one problem could potentially cause Cancer? Oh wait, I remember hearing the oil used to fry french fries can cause Cancer too...and doughnuts...they are fried in carcinogen filled grease...that doesn't stop me from eating them though. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it? I think I need therapy...soooo...next time I even mention fast food or a quick fix for breakfast, somebody slap some sense in to me...FOR MY OWN GOOD!!

And to Stephanie...yes, I think Dark Chocolate can be considered medicinal...I think I will go out and grab a bag of chocolates and turn in the reciept on Randy's flexible spending plan!! Thanks for the tip girlfriend! I love ya =)

Okay, I must wrap up my ramblings for the evening. Tomorrow comes too quickly and I am not prepared for the day~
I would like to ask a special request to my friends & family...will you all remember Randy & his family in your prayers please? His Aunt passed away last Monday and we will be traveling to Athens to celebrate her life. She was a very special lady and she will be missed by all.

Until next time...

Smiling is infectious,
You can catch it like the flu.
Someone smiled at me today,
And I started smiling too.

~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the positive attitude...how are you feeling? You need a "button" so I can post you on my blog...well I did...but a button would stand out more... ;-) And no...I don't have a button either...