What day is this? 7 I think...

I know you were expecting news from the visit with my Radiation Oncologist yesterday and I must apologize for not blogging last night. After doing some running around with my girls, I got home and was just beat. I got on Facebook and learned some really cool stuff that I am going to tell you about before I explain with Dr. Gilbert told me.
Back in December I was sitting in the Radiology wating room drinking my lovely Apple Barium, getting ready for a CT Scan. Well as people came and went I looked around the room, feeling very alone becuase this time I chose to go alone. No mom, no hubby, just me. So I saw this friendly young lady sitting behind me and I turned to comment to her probably on the job of gulping down the 2 big cups of Apple Barium. We chatted for a few minutes and she told me her story. I was in awe over how her Cancer was discovered and how open she was to talk to me about it. So off I went for my CT and told her goodbye. Little did I know this same lady was a girl I went to school with and one I reconnected with on Facebook just a few short days ago. As we started chatting last night, one thing lead to another and it seems she was my friend in the waiting room! Small world!! God is so amazing with the way he brings people in to others lives for comfort & support and probably a whole slew of other reasons. She and I even have the same Hemotology Oncologist...it's really pretty wild! Just had to share that with you...she is a great new friend and I am glad I can talk to her about my situation if need be!

So on to what the Radiation Oncologist said....first off in answer to my question as to how we would know the Radiation is working...he said in a few months I would go in for another PET Scan to see how my shoulder looked. No problem...I can do that. Next they looked at my skin and gave me the A+ on that. Aside from a bit of itching, it looked good. Then I asked him about the pain and why is it getting worse than better. It seems to be radiating down my arm and at times, my arm feels broken. Basically the bone is being "remodeled"...the cells are being killed with the Radiation and the bone has to "regrow" healthy cells so the pain I am feeling is normal for now. I have been dragging my behind for the last two days just feeling plain YUCKY which could very well be part of the treatment as my body is working harder to make good cells or something like that. They told me to boost my immune system with vitamin C or something like that. I think I will be eating them by the dozen as I already eat several oranges a day. I am just beginning to feel like I've been run over by a dump truck and I don't like that at all! I guess it could be all the sick people that I have come in contact with lately too...blech to germs!!
Oh, and as for the weight loss...nix that idea for a while. They don't want me to lose too much because it will alter the whole set up with my tattoos and lining me up each day. Then again, I shouldn't be gaining weight either cause that might mess it up too! It's a no win situation...oh well...better days are ahead...it is temporary!
Tomorrow is my bone marrow biopsy and I was terrified of the pain until my wonderful mommy reminded me that not only have I experienced Childbirth twice but I have had Kidney Stones 4 times at least! She said there is no way this could be worse than my last Kidney Stone issue in August of 08. She is soooo right! I will still go in mellow and relaxed with some help from my Xanax or Ambien just so I don't cuss the doctor *I like him* too much =)

Okay folks, off to be tonight...thanks for your kind comments & for proving to me someone does read my blogs!!

It is idle to dread what you cannot avoid.
~Publius Syrus

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool about meeting that new old friend!! God is always working in our lives...He is so Awesome!!! Keep up the good work...and good attitude bestie...
Love you.

Krista D. said...

I'm glad I was there that day....sometimes we may not understand but I know that God always has a plan in place.