Day 2...only 23 more to go!!

January 14, 2009

Day 2 and I am still not "done"...lol. Today's "nuke session" was nothing special compared to yesterday and the ink mess! I got there at my appointed time and changed in to my lovely gown & robe and went to sit and wait until I got called in. A few minutes of waiting and a familiar face walks in! A gentleman we go to church with is being treated at the same place! I am sorry he is dealing with this too but it was nice to see a friend.
Okay, so back to the fun! I get in and situated on the table and it takes the technicians 10 minutes to get all of my "pencil stabs" lined up with the machine. Yes, today my tats look like someone stabbed me with a pencil and the lead is still there...pretty! So once I am lined up, they say "okay, here's your treatment" and they leave the room. The machine comes on and I count...one one-thousand, two one-thousand...and so on. The total time for my radiation...30 seconds! 15 for the front, 15 for the back. I am blown away that in only one minutes time total, I have hit my maximum out of pocket expense for the year! I am not sure what the tab is up to as of today but I do know all I am out is $3800.00. Now my prescriptions, co-pays & any other testing they may do is FREE!!!!!!! YIPEE!!! See, there is a silver lining for the day!

Until tomorrow...keep smiling...I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm....what kind of extra meds and proceedures should you try to sign up for now that you've hit your max out-of-pocket? I'm sure there must be something fun that you've missed out on. Can you get a prescription for a massage? Or for dark chocolate?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Stephanie...or maybe you can get us all something...LOL